Lakes Gas Co. Customer Service Representative's (CSR) primary responsibilities include courteous and professional interaction with customers both in person and on the phone; selling propane and propane products; and maintaining customer accounts. Additional responsibilities include: bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable, as well as managing the debt collection process. The CSR needs to be safety-conscious, have good math skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Other required skills include:
- Strong data entry capabilities
- Effective time management
- Organizational skills required to process daily office workflow
The CSR is responsible for maintaining petty cash, making daily bank deposits, filing, and customer account compliance and maintenance.
The CSR is responsible for:
- Processing branch mail, including pick up and drop off at the post office.
- Printing and sorting delivery tickets in accordance with company Delivery Guidelines (Automatic, Will Call and Monthly).
- Processing customer contracts per company standards
- General maintenance tasks, such as office cleaning and organization.
Because the CSR may assist in filling cylinder tanks, lawn maintenance and or snow removal from office sidewalks, he/she must be able to lift up to 50 pounds to assist customers with full 20-pound cylinders or lifting filing boxes.
The CSR needs to be a team player and understand that the branch works as a unit. If there is more than one CSR at the office, all CSR's are required to be capable of accurately completing all aspects of the job. The CSR reports directly to the Branch Manager. The CSR will work directly with the corporate office and needs to be able to accurately and timely follow-through on corporate directives. The CSR needs to be able to follow company policies and procedures, along with DOT regulations, state and local laws, and complete other duties as assigned.