Want to know more about propane? Start with its two forms. Propane exists as both a liquid and a vapor.
Here are some quick facts about both states.
- Exists in this state below its boiling point of -45 degrees F
- Frequently stored in this state
- Can freeze animal and plant life if spilled
- No long-lasting environmental effects if spilled in this state
- Exists in this state above -45 degrees F
- Most often used for energy in this state
- Heavier than air when in this state
- Sinks to lowest point of the room when there is a leak
- Flammable in this state
- Needs the right amount of air to ignite
For more information about propane, check out this article at Propane101.com.