What Payment Options Do I Have For My Propane Bill?
Written on: January 9, 2023
Propane billing: You have options with Lakes Gas
As 2023 arrives, many homeowners and businesses are using the New Year as motivation to get a jump on their budgeting. If you are a propane customer, you already know it’s one of the more affordable fuels and can save you lots on your utility bills, due to its energy efficiency.
Even so, every customer has their own unique budgeting priorities, and that’s why at Lakes Gas, we offer a variety of propane payment options. Read on to learn more about the programs available to our customers, and which plans best meet your needs.
A wide range of propane pricing programs
Lakes Gas offers a range of propane payment programs, so customers in Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, North and South Dakota can decide what works best for them. The two most popular programs are the Pre-Buy program and the Budget program.
- Prebuy Program: With this program option, customers can purchase their entire supply of propane for the winter all at once and get a locked-in rate that protects you from any increases in propane prices.
- Usage monitoring included: We’ll track your propane usage this winter and analyze your fuel needs for the future. This enables us to recommend the number of gallons you will need for the next heating season.
- Plan ahead and save: Enrollment begins over the summer.
- Budget Program: The Budget Program is another popular option. The budget propane price is the current discounted retail market price at the time of delivery.
- A discounted rate that may fluctuate: It is subject to move up or down with the market.
- A price protection cap: However, to protect our customers, we put a cap-not-to-exceed price in effect for upside protection on the market, for no extra charge.
How we calculate your budget
Budget billing helps customers know what to expect, since it is:
- Predictable: Your budget is calculated at 10 cents under the capped price.
- Consistent: The budget is divided into 11 payment periods, due the 10th of each month, beginning in July, and designed to have a zero balance at the end of the agreement. Budgets currently run from July 1 through May 30. New customers may enter the program mid-year, though.
- Straightforward: If Lakes Gas reviews a budget account and determines that the monthly payment is not enough or too much for the gas usage, the company will, at its discretion, adjust the budget amount accordingly. If a budget customer fails to make monthly payments, Lakes Gas reserves the right to terminate the budget plan.
- Fair: Any remaining credits at the end of the year can be rolled over into next year’s agreement or refunded to the customer.
Choose a payment program that works for your budget
Whatever comfort or fuel needs you have, Lakes Gas is ready to help with smart, affordable solutions that work with your budget. To review the full details of any of our payment programs, please contact us. One of our propane experts will be happy to assist you. If you’re interested in becoming a Lakes Gas customer, we can help you get all set up so you can enjoy service that’s unmatched in the region.