Propane Vs. Electric Heat
Written on: January 4, 2023
Propane makes sense
Want to save money on your energy costs, even as fuel prices are fluctuating? Energy-efficient, eco-friendly propane may just be the solution you’re looking for. Read on to learn more about what Lakes Gas propane can do for you.
Consider swapping electricity for propane
If your home is currently powered by electricity or natural gas, read on to learn why making the transition to propane is a sensible option. Its low carbon content makes it environmentally friendly, and its high efficiency makes it cost-effective.
The many benefits of propane vs. electricity
Converting your heating system to propane may sound daunting at first, but the process it simple, and it pays off. Here’s how:
- Propane is cheaper. When people convert to propane, their heating costs usually drop dramatically. For instance, running a propane water heater is about 30% less expensive than running its electric counterpart. And the savings don’t stop there! In fact, a propane tankless water heater costs a whopping 80% less to run than an electric water heater. They also provide a virtually endless supply of hot water—whenever you want it.
- It’s also more energy-efficient. New propane furnaces and boilers are often 20% – 30% more energy efficient than older style heating systems. In fact, although this comes as a surprise to many people, homes that run on electricity are actually LESS energy-efficient than those running on propane.
- Propane is versatile. Heating isn’t the only way propane can help you save money. Propane makes cooking easier with a propane range, gets clothes dry faster and with fewer wrinkles than electric dryers, and easily fires up the fireplace – no wood or cleanup necessary!
- Your savings can grow as you add appliances. Even if you don’t have any propane appliances yet, once your propane heating system is set up, you can add energy-efficient propane appliances at your convenience.
- Propane is reliable. When a power outage comes along, people who rely on electricity may be stuck for hours, days or…weeks! With propane, this is simply not a risk.
The bottom line? Now is the time to make the move and switch to clean-burning, versatile, energy-efficient propane! Why? Because propane can help you save all year on your annual heating and energy costs.
Propane beats electricity in the ways that matter most
If your current heating system uses only electricity, you’re missing out on all the benefits that propane could be bringing to your home – but at Lakes Gas, we can help! Family owned for over 60 years, Lakes Gas is among the largest propane providers in the Midwest. But don’t let our size fool you: At each of our 48 locations, we operate with a small-town, local feel, with employees who live in the communities they serve. We make it a priority to pay personal attention to each and every one of our customers.
Thinking about finding a new propane company, and wondering why you should become part of the Lakes Gas family? We’re better positioned than anyone to deliver what you need.