Propane Vs. Natural Gas Grills
Written on: October 10, 2022
Does grilling with propane beat natural gas?
Are propane grills really better than natural gas grills? Well, it depends on your grilling priorities! Propane’s low carbon content makes it environmentally friendly and its high efficiency makes it cost-effective. Plus, the food just plain tastes better! If you currently grill using natural gas, read on to learn why making the transition to propane is a sensible option.
Benefits of propane grilling
- Propane burns cleaner because it is natural and non-toxic. It does not emit harmful greenhouse gases, harm animals, or contaminate water or soil.
- Propane burns hotter and cooks faster. Cooks can save time without sacrificing food quality or accuracy and precision. You’re in control and can raise or lower the heat with a turn of the dial.
- Propane is as versatile as the grill master. You can cook a wide variety of food well with propane. Just because it has the ability to cook quickly doesn’t mean you need to rush the process. Propane grilling works well for quick searing as well as slow-cooking, and everything in between.
- Propane-grilled food is delicious. Bid farewell to the worst thing about natural gas grills: butane-flavored fare. Propane-grilled food is consistently yummy and tastes like it’s supposed to taste.
- Propane is cheaper. Because propane is cost-efficient, you don’t need to cut back on grilling out. You can grill every night if you like – invite the neighbors!
Propane advantages vs. natural gas
If you’re looking for a fuel option – for your grill or otherwise –that’s free of interruptions, has no pipeline issues, and won’t be easily affected by factors including accidents, weather, and deterioration, look to propane to:
- Eliminate supply issues. Transporting and storing propane presents homeowners with a clear edge over natural gas, as the supply and related repairs are not reliant on an off-site supply.
- Go off-grid, if you like. Propane delivery is also more reliable as it does not have geographical requirements, which natural gas pipelines do.
- Have more control. You can keep your tank on your own property and, depending on your needs, you can even set up a backup propane home generator.
Propane grill cylinder exchange and refill program for businesses
Propane grilling can benefit businesses and residential customers alike. Lakes Gas partners with businesses so they can offer on-site propane cylinder refills. Here’s an overview of how we can help:
- Get your customers grilling and RVing. You’ll find frame-mounted tanks and pumps at convenience stores and gas stations. They’re ideal for filling grill tanks and tanks for recreational vehicles (RVs).
- Swap and Go Program for 20-lb. BBQ Cylinders. Commercial and residential customers can bring empty 20-lb. BBQ Cylinders to your business and swap them out for full cylinders there.
To become part of the Lakes Gas Cylinder Exchange and Refill Program for your Michigan, Minnesota or Wisconsin business, get in touch with us today.
Take your grilling from good to great, with Lakes Gas propane
Let Lakes Gas help you determine the right cylinder or tank for your household or business’s needs by connecting with one of our experts today. If you’re interested in becoming a Lakes Gas customer, we can help you get all set up so you can enjoy service that’s unmatched in the region.