6 Energy Saving Tips to Use This Winter
Written on: January 24, 2022
It’s easy to save big on energy bills, with small efficiency tweaks
Saving money on your energy bills this winter boils down to one crucial factor, and that’s energy efficiency. The farther your energy stretches, the less money you spend for the same amount of power, fuel or heat. To learn more about maximizing your propane use—and lowering your bills—checkout these helpful hints:
Regular maintenance makes a big difference
It may not seem like it, but some of the mundane, routine maintenance tasks that seem like they don’t matter much can actually have a giant impact on your system’s efficiency, especially when multiple tune-up tasks are taken cumulatively.
- Change your furnace filter regularly—ideally, once a month. When your filter is clogged with dirt and debris, it requires more energy for the air to flow smoothly. Wouldn’t you rather be breathing cleaner air – for less money?
- Clean and drain your propane water heater twice every year. In much the same vein as with your air filter, it’s important, from an efficiency standpoint, make sure your propane water heater is free from sediment and debris that accumulates over time.
- Inspect your heating systems as often as possible. Heaters in good working order run more efficiently, need fewer repairs, and breakdown less often.
Make “smart” choices with efficiency in mind
Some strategies to save on energy bills are more trouble than they are worth – military-style, 3-minute showers, anyone? But these simple tips are easy, and they work!
- Seal off windows and doors with caulk to prevent air leaks. You want to keep the heat you’re paying to generate indoors, and the cold air outside.
- Likewise, make sure your propane oven is not allowing heat to escape. You may need to replace a seal or make sure your components are fitted tightly.
- Use a programmable thermostat, which can automatically adjust itself. Consider upgrading to a programmable or “smart” thermostat – no more paying to heat your home to your preferred comfort level when you aren’t even there. Our Upper Midwest Lakes Gas energy experts can walk you through your options.
You can’t beat energy-efficient propane, coupled with affordable local prices
Looking for propane delivery for your Minnesota or Wisconsin home? When you become a customer at Lakes Gas, you’ll enjoy service that’s unmatched in the region. When you go with Lakes Gas, you won’t see excessive fees or any of the other “extras” that make some of our larger competitors so expensive. Our local pricing keeps your bills under control—always.
Contact us today for details. Join the Lakes Gas family of customers today!