What Sets Lakes Gas Apart
The right choice for propane in the Upper Midwest
Family-owned for 65 years, Lakes Gas is among the largest propane providers in the Midwest. But don’t let our size fool you: At each of our 54 locations, we operate with a small-town, local feel and make it a priority to pay personal attention to each and every one of our customers. We’re better positioned than anyone to deliver what you need.
Thinking about finding a new propane company, and wondering why you should become part of the Lakes Gas family? Here are seven characteristics that make us stand out from the crowd.
As part of the Lakes Gas family, you’ll get a company that is:
- Flexible with supply. Sometimes the propane industry sees supply shortages, but even when that happens, you won’t feel it in the least. Here’s why: We’re able to draw from multiple sources, including our rail facilities and refinery suppliers, in order to get gas to you even when our competition can’t.
- Priced like the local guys. When you go with Lakes Gas, you won’t see excessive fees or any of the other “extras” that make some of our larger competitors so expensive. Our local pricing keeps your bills under control—always.
- Family owned and operated. Founded in 1959, our history runs deep, and we take pride in that as we continue to grow.
- Motivated and inspired by your comfort and convenience. Your comfort shouldn’t be a chore so we make it easy with programs like our Easy Pay and Automatic Delivery. It’s what keeps us going and it’s the reason we show up every day.
- Proud to deliver a personalized experience to every customer. With technicians, service reps and more at each of our 54 locations, it’s easy to wonder whether customers get a truly personal experience. Spoiler alert: You do! We’ll get to know each other as we make sure you’re getting what you need when you need it.
- Focused on your safety. For both you and our own team, we maintain an uncompromising level of safety. We’ll make sure you understand your propane system and how to work it, and we perform an inspection every time we refill your tank.
- An active supporter of local communities. Whether we’re making charitable contributions or volunteering our time, we work hard to make a difference in the communities where our employees and customers live and work.
A Bit of History
When Howard Sargeant, began his career as an acquisitions director for a major oil company, he decided to buy one for himself. In 1959, he purchased the Harguth Oil Company and, through his expertise in acquisitions, grew the small operation in Forest Lake, Minnesota, into the fifteenth largest retail marketer of propane in the United States. And just like that, Lakes Gas was born, with Howard at the helm.
In 1990 when Howard’s son, Steve Sargeant, joined the team. As the Executive VP of Operations of Lakes Gas, Steve collaborates with the division managers to keep the company’s daily operations running smoothly and efficiently.
From families to forklift operators to farmers—and everybody in between—the level of propane service you’ll get from Lakes Gas makes us the right choice for your home, farm or business. Want to learn more about all that Lakes Gas can offer you?
Give us a call or send us a message today. We can’t wait to hear from you.